If you are a provider referring a patient/client please click on the refer a patient button. If you are referring yourself, please click on the refer yourself button.
Experience the difference yourself. Call (405) 271-QUIT (7848) today or visit this link to take a short survey.
Benefits of Quitting
Quitting tobacco benefits your health within minutes, and the positive effects keep coming...
- 20 MINUTES after you quit smoking | Your blood pressure drops to a level close to before the last cigarette, and the temperature of your hands and feet increases to normal.
- 8 HOURS after you quit smoking | The level of carbon monoxide in your blood drops to normal.
- 24 HOURS after you quit smoking | Your chance of a heart attack decreases.
- 2 WEEKS TO 3 MONTHS after you quit smoking | Your circulation improves and your lung function increases 30%.
- 1 TO 9 MONTHS after you quit smoking | Coughing, sinus congestion, fatigue, and shortness of breath decrease.
- 1 YEAR after you quit smoking | Your excess risk of coronary heart disease is reduced to half that of a smoker’s.
The Tobacco Treatment Research Program (TTRP) at the OU Health Sciences Center (OUHSC) offers free help to quit tobacco. This includes free counseling and free nicotine patches, lozenges, and gum. You may also be eligible for research studies using smartphone apps, other medications, or financial incentives to help you quit tobacco. You must come to our clinic on the OUHSC Campus at least one time in person. All participants receive payment for their time.