Frequently Asked Questions
- Address: Where is the program located? Summer Scholars will conduct their work on the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center campus in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. The address is OTRC, 655 Research Parkway, Suite 400, Oklahoma City, OK, 73104.
- Compensation: How much are Summer Scholars paid? The gross pay is $1,000 every two weeks for a total of $6,000 for 12 weeks. The first payday will be June 8, 2018.
- Foreign Trainees: Does the program sponsor foreign trainees? No; the program is not currently sponsoring foreign trainees.
- Housing: Does the program provide housing? No; Summer Scholars are responsible for their own housing. Housing is available at a nearby college with fully-furnished units for ~$25 per day. Additional details will be provided upon request or upon acceptance.
- Letters of Recommendation: How do I submit letters of recommendation? Letters of recommendation may be uploaded into the application or sent via email to OTRC@ouhsc.edu directly from the person referring you. If sent via email, please upload a placeholder document in the application to allow you to complete the application.
- Medical Students: Are medical students eligible to participate? Yes; medical students may apply and participate in the program.
- Transcripts: Which transcripts are needed? Transcripts are needed from the applicant’s current institution and, if applicable, from the institution where the applicant received her/his highest degree other than high school (no high school transcripts). Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Transportation and Travel: Will the program provide transportation or travel? No; Summer Scholars will be responsible for their own transportation and travel.